After Hour Services
- If your kitchen or bathroom sink is backed up: please wait until the next business day to contact your Property Manager.
- If your kitchen or bathroom sink has a leak: please call the office at 858 344-1220.
- If your power is out: first check your breaker panel which should be located in your closet. Before contacting your Property Manager, check with SDGE at 1-800-611-7343 to see if there are scheduled or reported outages in your area. If there are no scheduled or reported outages, please wait until the next business day to contact your Property Manager unless it is on a Friday or Saturday then you may call the office at 858 344-1220.
- If you have no hot water: please wait until the next business day to contact your Property Manager unless it is on a Friday or Saturday then you may call 858 344-1220.
- If your refrigerator is not working: first unplug the unit and plug it back in securely. If it still doesn’t turn on, please wait until the next business day to contact your Property Manager unless it is on a Friday or Saturday then you may call the office at 858 344-1220.
- Inoperable appliances (stove, microwave, oven, dishwasher, washer/dryer etc.): please wait until the next business day to contact your Property Manager.
- If you are locked out of your house: please call a locksmith. We do not have access to keys after hours.
- Noise complaint: either call the police or wait until the next business day to contact your Property Manager.
- If you smell gas in your house: please contact SDGE at 1-800-411-7343 immediately.
- If your toilet is stopped up: if you have an alternate restroom to use, please wait until the next business day to contact your Property Manager. If you have only one bathroom, please call the office at 858-344-1220.
- If your garbage disposal is not working: please wait until the next business day to contact your Property Manager.
Closed on Saturday, Sunday and most Holidays
Rental Guidelines & Occupancy Standards
Thank you for your interest in renting a property managed by MG & J Associates. The following guidelines were written to inform you of our basic rental practices and to assist you in processing your application in the most timely and efficient manner possible.
- The rental application (all pages) MUST BE FILLED OUT IN ITS ENTIRETY. Blanks will halt the processing of your application. If an item on the form is not applicable, please respond N/A (not applicable).
- Each person over the age of 18 must complete a separate application. Co-Signers (Guarantors) must complete an application as well.
- A valid driver’s license, state ID or passport is required along with a verifiable social security number.
- On page 2 of the application we request DATE, SIGNATURE and ADDRESS of the property for which you are applying. We cannot process your application without these three items.
- We must be able to verify your employment, income and previous rental history. Please make sure the telephone numbers you provide are accurate and include area codes. A current pay stub with the year-to-date information is best for income verification. Should you be self-employed, an independent contractor or hold company ownership, a copy of your most recent tax return, along with recent bank statements will be required.
- We require combined applicants’ current gross income to be approximately two and one half (2.5) times the total monthly rent.
- We require combined applicants’ to have good credit and reference history. Your credit history will be verified by a credit reporting agency. YOU WILL BE CHARGED AN APPLICATION FEE OF $25 FOR EACH APPLICATION. The application fee is collected by credit card when you submit your application online. If your application is dropped off in person or faxed, you may provide a check payable to TPPM. Cash will not be accepted. The application fee includes $16.95 for a credit report, plus $8.05 for processing references.
- Upon approval of your application, the security deposit / holding deposit and first month’s rent must be paid in full with a CASHIER’S CHECK OR MONEY ORDER (ONLY). Personal checks are accepted beginning with the second month’s rent. We also require a one-time documentation and online set up fee (D&O) of $12.00 upon lease signing. The D&O fee reimburses our cost for lease document preparation and online tenant portal access. The $12.00 D&O fee shall be paid by separate check payable to TPPM.
- Our occupancy standard is one occupant per bedroom plus one. (I.e. two occupants for a one bedroom, three for a two bedroom, etc.)
Our business office is open Monday through Friday 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Faxed applications will not begin processing until an application fee is received.
MG & J Associates is an Equal Housing Opportunity supporter, committed to providing excellent service to everyone in an efficient and friendly manner. Should you have any questions, please ask
Move In & Mout Out Guidelines
MG & J Associates appreciates your consideration in selecting a rental property professionally managed by our company. The following information will assist you in making your experience with us as satisfying as possible.
Guidelines if you are moving IN:
- Your first month’s rent and security deposit must be paid in the form of a CASHIER’S CHECK OR MONEY ORDER payable to MG & J Associates, and is due at the time Lease is signed. Future rental payments may be paid by personal check or electronic funds transfer (EFT). Upon lease execution you will be asked to pay a one-time documentation and online set up (D&O) fee of $12.00 payable to TPPM. This amount must be paid separately by check, cashier’s check or money order.
- A Holding Deposit Agreement may be required to reserve your rental home before the Move-In date with payment required in the form of a cashier’s check or money order.
- Rent payments are accepted from tenants listed on the lease (only). Rent is due and payable on the 1st of each month and charges will apply for late payments per your lease agreement.
- Please remember always include your rental street address and unit on the face of the check for proper credit! If using “bill pay” or similar electronic banking include street address and unit in the “memo” section for prompt credit. Your bank will provide information on timing of recurring payments.
- MG & J Associates main office will be your contact person for all issues that may arise as long as you reside at the property. We request that all maintenance requests be presented in writing.
- Finally, when you Move-Out, you must provide an advance 30-Day Written Notice to Vacate. Please note, however, that you will be responsible for the terms of your Lease should you decide to vacate before Lease expiration. We do not allow early termination of Leases until a qualified replacement party is found at the expense of the out-going resident.
Once again, welcome to the MG & J Associates family and we look forward to helping make your rental experience an enjoyable one.
Guidelines if you are moving OUT:
Once we receive your 30-day notice to vacate your rental property, the following checklist serves as a helpful reminder of what you need to do prior to your departure:
- The premises should be clean and in the same or similar condition less reasonable wear and tear as presented at move in, with the only discrepancies being that which is stated on your check-in sheet. General cleaning, carpet cleaning and touch-up painting are often deductions from your security deposit, unless the premises is returned in a suitable condition or otherwise noted in your lease.
- Please notify our office in writing of your forwarding address for mailing of your security deposit disposition.
- Your Security Deposit cannot be used for rent payment per California Law and the terms of your lease.
- Your final security deposit disposition will not be determined and the unit is not considered vacated until all keys are returned to our office and all of your possessions are removed from the premises. Please refer to your lease section on Security Deposit for any questions you may have. The disposition will be mailed to you within 21 days after you vacate.
- Prior to your departure it may be necessary for us to briefly show the premises to a prospective renter. If so, we will call you or leave 24-hour notice before doing so.
- Your possession of the rental property is relinquished the day we receive keys in our office. We will expect keys no later than stated move out date.
We thank you for your tenancy.
Please Contact Us with any further questions.